Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Featured Video: Art is Work


Filmmaker, designer and artist David Hillman Curtis (hillmancurtis, inc), of Brooklyn, NY has created a stunning video series over time, featuring artists who have inspired him throughout his career. Through video, Hillman Curtis takes his audience on a journey and an intimate conversation with some of the most moving artists of our time. "One of the rules I gave myself when I started making these movies was that I’d feature designers who directly inspired me or somehow made it easier for me to become a designer," he said in an interview with AIGA. "That rule is becoming a little blurred as I become more aware that this vehicle-the series-is also a great way for me to discover the work of designers whose work I may have seen or admired, but whom I knew very little about." Take a moment to watch one of our favorite videos, his feature on Milton Glaser, who is perhaps best known for creating the infamous I Love New York logo. Run time is approximately 6 minutes. See the entire artist series here.



No comments:

Post a Comment